Date: 8th September 2007 at 6:55pm
Written by:

Alan Buckley started with his preferred formation of 4-5-1 but Accrington were not looking too good in defence and Buckley decided to make an early substitution after 21 minutes, has he reverted to 4-4-2, with Danny Boshell making way for Andy Taylor. And within a minute Paul Bolland managed to get a volley in from around 30 yards to shoot over the bar for a goal kick.

Just under the half-hour mark a free kick from the right wing and taken by John Miles was swung into the area where Tom Newey and Andrew Proctor went for an header and play was stopped as Newey was deemed to push Proctor for a Penalty to Accrington.

Andrew Proctor then stepped up to take the kick and placed his shot in the bottom left of the goal to put Stanley 1-0 up on The Mariners.

Town did start to push a bit forward but without much luck, with Isaiah Rankin having a shot with a couple of minutes remaining but was blocked by Robbie Williams and went out for a throw.

David Brown did a volley in stoppage time and Justin Whittle got a block in has the half ended Stanley 1 Town 0.

Town made a substitution at half time bringing Gary Jones on for Isaiah Rankin but did not start the half well has within 3 minutes of the restart Accrington scored when David Brown sent a cross into the area and Mullins got his head to the ball to sent it into the back of the net.

Grimsby made there 3rd and final sub on 54, when Peter Bore replaced Peter Till.

Town then started to push forward with Bolland having a shot blocked by Mark Roberts, before he shot again and scored with a header into the top left of the goal to make it 2-1 to Stanley.

Straight after James Harris volleyed over the bar.

Town start to push forward in search of an equaliser, Ciaran Toner crossed in but Mark Roberts cleared the danger, Andy Taylor did get a shot in but was saved by Kenny Arthur

The Mariners came close to scoring when an in swinging corner by Toner was met by Bolland who hit the bar from around 18 yards.

Barnes saved the Mariners when Roscoe D`Sane got a shot in that was saved.

Accrington made a sub on 65 brining on Shaun Whalley for John Miles

Accrington then started to pile the pressure on has they looked for their 3rd goal, which came on 70 has the sub Whalley crossed in for Mullin to score, making it 3-1.

Accrington made another sub on 82 with Roscoe D’Sane replaced by Leam Richardson

A minute later Tom Newey was shown the yellow card after fouling Leam Richardson.

There was 5 minutes added on at the end of the game, which was enough for Accrington to score their 4th goal, Richardson got a cross into the area but Mulligan failed to get up and Proctor got his head to the ball to score in the bottom left, making it Stanley 4 Town 1.