Date: 19th April 2008 at 5:39pm
Written by:

The Mariners take a one-nil lead going into half-time but the second half saw a late goal which sees Bradford get a two-one victory at the Coral Windows Stadium.

Bradford won a corner within the first 5 minutes. Joe Colbeck took the corner and found Peter Thorne and he tried a shot but Town`s keeper Phillip Barnes was there to catch hold of the ball.

Nathan Jarman was playing upfront on his own for Grimsby and got a shot in on 6 minutes but sent the ball wide.

The Mariners then grabbed the lead on 9 minutes after a cross from Tom Newey found Peter Till. Till got the shot in low and scored . BRADFORD 0 GRIMSBY 1.

Till picked up an injury in the process of scoring and had to be substituted after the goal.. Nick Hegarty came on to replace Till.

Paul Bolland was then shown the yellow card after 11 minutes for a foul on Kyle Nix.

Rob Atkinson was the second play to be shown the yellow card for a foul on Eddie Johnson after 16 minutes.

Bradford`s Omar Daley then tried to get a goal back but his shot from around 20 yards was caught by Barnes.

Town were looking to keep hold of the ball and hang on to the lead. Hegarty tried a shot but the ball was blocked by David Wetherall.

Town were still looking for a second goal and Nathan Jarman got a shot but the ball went wide of the goal.

Bradford looked to win a penalty when the ball bounced and looked to hit a Town defenders hand and the assistants flag went up but then went straight back down and the game continued and the Mariners got the ball forward..

The Mariners nearly scored when Hegarty looked to put the ball in the goal but Ryan Bennett, who was in an offside position, came to knock the ball in and the referee awarded an offside when the Mariners could have been two-nil up.

Bradford tried to get an equaliser just before half-time with a shot from Colbeck going wide before Omar Daley tried a couple of shots. He sent his first shot wide before his second shot was punched away by Barnes.

Luke O`Brien tried a shot from around 25 yards in stoppage time but went wide before the half-time whistle went and the Mariners go in with a one goal lead.


The Teams came out for the second half and Bradford started well but the Mariners where first to get a shot in. Ciaran Toner tried a shot from 20 yards but sent the ball wide of the goal.

Toner then gave a free kick a way for a foul on Colbeck. Colbeck took the free kick and Peter Thorne got his head to the ball but put it wide of the goal.

Town had a corner on 58 minutes and it was taken by Danny Boshell. Boshell sent the ball to the far post and it was met by Hegarty who tried a shot but could only send the ball wide of the goal.

Peter Thorne then gave Bradford the equaliser after he got inside the area and fired the ball into the top right of the goal. BRADFORD 1 GRIMSBY 1.

Bradford made their first change on 66 minutes when Tom Penford was replaced by Barry Conlon.

Alan Buckley then made his second change on 73 minutes when James Hunt was replaced by Martin Butler before Bradford made their second change with Alex Rhodes coming on for Omar Daly.

Ciaran Toner then took a corner for the Mariners but Darren Williams was at the near post to clear the ball.

Bradford then had a corner and Colbeck took it but the ball was caught by Barnes and the game remained level with just over 10 minutes remaining.

Nathan Jarman then got a shot in for Town but the ball was caught by Bradford`s keeper Scott Loach.

Bradford made their final change on 83 minutes when Peter Thorne was replaced by Luke Medley.

Kyle Nix then tried a shot for Bradford but was tipped past the post by Barnes to go out for a corner. Colbeck took the corner but Barnes caught hold of the ball.

Barry Conlon got an header in with just over 2 minutes of normal time remaining but Barnes caught hold of the ball.

Conlon then got another shot in after 89 minutes but his volley was saved by Barnes.

Hegarty then got a volley of his own in but the ball went wide for a goal kick has the game entered stoppage time.

It all fell apart for the Mariners in stoppage time has Bradford grabbed the winner. Eddie Johnson`s pass found Colbeck and he put the ball low and into the net. BRADFORD 2 GRIMSBY 1.