Date: 15th September 2007 at 8:11pm
Written by:

Alan Buckley reverted to 4-4-2 for this game with Taylor coming in to replace Hunt and Mulligan replaced by Bennett.

Adam Proudlock was the first to get a shot in after 5 minutes but sent his shot wide of Town`s Keeper Phillip Barnes post.

After 20 minutes Boshell got into the penalty area to have a shot, but that was saved by Stockport`s Keeper Conrad Logan.

Proudlock had a shot for County that was comfortable saved by Barnes. Before a couple of crosses by Stockport, one from Anthony Pilkington and one from Paul Tierney were intercepted and saved by Barnes.

There was a few shots and chances for both teams, after the half hour mark, to score with Nick Fenton clearing a shot by Pilkington and then Proudlock sent his shot wide.

A couple minutes later Paul Bolland shot from 30 yards and over the bar. Then Boshell had his shot cleared by Ashley Williams.

Within seconds County were on the attack again has Pilkington shot over.

Bolland then had another shot and this time it was cleared by Williams.

Stockport made a substitution on 40 minutes, bringing Anthony Elding on for Adam Proudlock

Town won a corner on 40 minutes that was taken by Ciaran Toner to the far post and was met by Nick Fenton`s head and he knocked it over.

Has the first half approached stoppage time, Ciaran Toner sent a cross in but Isaiah Rankin could not fully connect and put it wide.

A minute into stoppage time County got the lead when Anthony Elding knocked the ball the ball through and Matty McNeil got in the area to pick up the loose ball and knock it past Barnes. Town had been playing well and was unlucky to concede a goal in stoppage time, Town 0 County 1.

County came out for the second half and nearly went 2-0 up after Elding put the ball in the net but the referee had blown his whistle for offside.

Town got the equaliser on 51 minutes when a cross by Tom Newey went into the area and was met by a superb header from Paul Boland, it was now 1-1.

Alan Buckley made a substitution straight after the goal, bringing on Dave Mulligan for Ryan Bennett. 2 minutes after coming on, Mulligan was shown the yellow card for a foul.

Then Alan Buckley made his second substitution by bringing James Hunt on for Taylor, thus reverting back to 4-5-1 which some of the crowd booed.

Town nearly got the lead on 57 when a cross from Danny Boshell was met by the head of Nick Fenton who sent his header wide.

A scuffle broke out between Ciaran Toner and Stockport`s Jason Taylor and both players were booked.

Stockport made a change on 67 bringing Keith Briggs on for Gary Dicker.

Town made their final substitute on 73 minutes with Till going off in place of Peter Bore. And Stockport used their last sub on 77 minutes, with David Poole going off for Greg Tansey.

Toner had a chance to score with 4 minutes remaining but his shot went over.

Has the game entered the 90 minutes Mulligan got a shot in from around 30 yards but missed

The last bit of action came on 93 minutes when a shot by Isaiah Rankin was cleared of the line by Ashley Williams to deny Grimsby their first league win of the season.

Match Stats for this game are coming at 11pm.