Date: 4th September 2007 at 11:27pm
Written by:

Alan Buckley chose to start the game with 4-4-2 bringing Andy Taylor in for Paul Bolland, who is suffering with concussion after taking a knock against Shrewsbury on Saturday, to play upfront alongside Isaiah Rankin. Dave Mulligan also made the starting line up in place of the suspended Ryan Bennett.

Grimsby started the game well with a cross within 2 minutes by Peter Till into the penalty area only for Rankin`s header to be saved by Matthew Glennon the Huddersfield goalkeeper.

Town won a corner on 13 minutes and Ciaran Toner sent the ball towards the far post and Fenton managed to get his head to ball and sent it wide.

The first booking came on 23 minutes when Isaiah Rankin turned Nathan Clarke and looked to go on to goal, but the referee blew his whistle and pulled them back for a free-kick and showed Clarke the yellow.

Luke beckett had a shot over the bar just under the half-hour mark. Fenton was then cautioned after 33 minutes for a foul on Danny Schofield.

3 minutes later Boshell drilled a shot from around 30 yards over the bar.

Danny Schofield had a chance on 40 minutes but was blocked by Newey and went out for a corner that was taken by Joe Skarz to the near post and was knocked away by Barnes.

Stoppage time of the first half saw Huddersfield take the lead with a goal by Michael Collins after a pass by Beckett, but the action didn`t stop there has the Mariners pushed forward and got the equaliser after corner Boshell to the centre and was met by Fenton`s header into the top-left of goal.

The first half ended with the Mariners having slightly more possession and the score 1-1.

The second half started brilliantly for the Mariners has they went 2-1 up from a Toner low shot on 49 minutes. 4 minutes later a corner taken by Toner was met by Fenton but Rankin got to the ball and knocked it into the top-left of the goal to make it 3-1.

Malvin Kamara tried to pull a goal back for Huddersfield but his shot was comfortable saved by Barnes.

Huddersfield made a change to their squad and brought Matthew Young on for Danny Schofield.

Grimsby made a substitution on 64 minutes taking Isaiah Rankin of for Danny North after a foul by Aaron Hardy on Ciaran Toner, a cross followed taken by Newey and was met by an overhead kick by Taylor but he missed.

Town`s 4th goal came on 68 when Till rolled the ball past the Huddersfield goalkeeper into the bottom-left of the goal.

Huddersfield made another substitution on 70 brining Lucas Akins on for Beckett.

Jamie Clarke came on for Boshell but with only 16 minutes remaining it was looking like Towns night, but could they hang on.

Huddersfield tried to battle back but with out any luck, Kamara had a shot saved by Barnes.

Ciaran Toner had a shot in the last minute of normal time but missed and free-kick taken by Joe Skarz, after Whittle fouled Akins, was saved by Barnes.

Overall this was a very good game for Town, who will be looking to take this performance to Accrington Stanley on Saturday.